February might not be our major decluttering month, but that doesn’t mean you let your stuff build back up around you. Each monthly challenge should become a new habit that then works in partnership with the other challenges. Serious change takes place when you commit to this.
Decluttering might not be your major focus this month, but it should be a healthy habit by now.
Here are a few tips to keep the decluttering momentum going:
- Just bought something new? Throw out two old things to make room for it.
- Just spend 10-minutes a day doing SOMETHING to keep your house organised.
- Waiting for the jug to boil? Tidy a pantry shelf or a cutlery drawer.
- Be honest with yourself: who are you keeping all your stuff for?
- Do you really need multiple products in the bathroom?
- Every single day, find a place for three things that have been lying around.
- Struggling with throwing out clothes? Do a one-year shelf and toss what hasn’t been worn in a year.
- Same with books. Have a one-year shelf and toss what hasn’t been read in a year. (I’m doing this one at the moment… I didn’t realize I had so many “new” books to choose from.)
- Just focus on one room at a time.
- Remove yourself from unwanted newsletter and email lists.
- Appreciate your space… clear space is very important.