We spent a month decluttering our external environment. This month we’re starting the internal declutter.
First challenge is to FILTER YOUR INFORMATION. Diminish the meaningless and often harmful chatter. Mindfulness is about awareness. It’s not just about sitting in meditation for twenty minutes a day. It’s about being aware of every action, every reaction… every thought.
We begin this journey by becoming aware of the chatter—the information we absorb.
- Is it positive?
- How does it make you feel?
- What are the ripple effects of those feelings in your life? For example, does watching the news make you fearful?
- What will you gain from switching off to negative or meaningless information online?
- What will you lose?
- What are your trigger points?—Those moments in the day where you find yourself surfing sites online that don’t nourish your spirit?
- Can you consciously use those trigger points to add information to your life that will nourish your mind and spirit?
Think about it.
Don’t think about Kim Kardashian, or ISIL, or the cute kitten video that’s going viral at the moment…
Think about the information you consume and how you can use it to help change your life this year.
Be mindful of information.